1. Introduction and contents
As a Privacy Technology Company, we are strongly committed to keeping your personal data safe, in compliance with the applicable regulations, including in particular the General Data Protection Regulation, known as the GDPR.
We think carefully about our use of your personal data, and below you can find the details of what we do to protect your privacy. This policy covers:
- Information about your rights, the choices available to you, and our obligations
- Transparency about how we collect and use your personal data, including when and how it is shared
- Information on how we protect your personal data
- Information on how we will facilitate your rights and respond to your questions
2. Who we are and how to contact us
We are AlterID (“AlterID,” “We”, “Us” or “Our”), the trading name of Privacy Chambers SaS, a company incorporated in France under registration number 891329351 and located 44 Rue Marsan in Bordeaux (France).
We are responsible for deciding how and why we hold and use your personal data. If you want to contact us via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. The types of personal data we collect about you
We collect your personal data when you request a demo for products or services, or when you interact with us. We will only collect your personal data in line with applicable laws.
Below is the personal data we collect:
- your name;
- your email address;
- your contact number.
For the conclusion and execution our contracts, we are also required to process the professional contact details of the representatives of our suppliers and service providers for the duration of the contractual relationship, without prejudice to the legislative or regulatory provisions specific to certain categories of personal data imposing a particular period of retention or deletion of such personal data.
When you visit our site, we use Plausible Analytics to track the usage of the website without collecting any personal information.
We use however the following technical cookies:
These cookies are necessary to improve website functionality and browsing experience. They do not require the collection of your consent.
These are cookies installed by Typeform (cookie publisher) and which ensure the functioning and/or the security of our website. Without these cookies, you will not be able to use our website properly.
You can delete them through your browser settings, however your user experience may be degraded or even impossible for security reasons.
4. How we collect personal data
We collect personal data when you:
- Request a demo of our services on our website.
- Attend our events (in person and virtually).
- Sign up for marketing communications.
- Test our products, participate in focus groups or surveys.
- Apply to join our teams.
5. How we use your personal data
We use personal data collected through our sites only when we have a valid reason and the legal grounds to do so. We determine the legal grounds based on the purposes for which we have collected your personal data.
The legal ground may be one of the following:
- Consent: we will often use your personal data because we have asked for your consent, which you can withdraw at any time. Examples of where we ask for your consent include sending you marketing communications, when we have asked for your permission. You can withdraw your consent at any time by clicking in the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any of our marketing emails.
- Performance of a contract with you or in order to take steps prior to entering into a contract with you.
- Compliance with law: in some cases, we may have a legal obligation to use or keep your personal data.
- Our legitimate interests: we may process your personal data where it is necessary for our legitimate interests in a way that might be expected as part of running AlterID and in a way which does not materially impact your rights and freedoms. Examples of when we rely on our legitimate interests to use your personal data include:
o internal administrative purposes related to our services - such as our accounting and records.
o contacting you directly via social media or email if you send us emails or engage with us on social media.
o when we respond to your queries.
6. When we share your personal data
We may share your personal data with other organisations that are not directly linked to us under the following circumstances:
- internet and cloud hosting services providers,
- software service providers that assist us with our customer relationship management or in our data collection workflows,
- communications services and email delivery service providers,
When we share your personal data, as specified above, with any organisation which accesses your data in the course of providing services on our behalf, they will be governed by strict contractual restrictions to make sure that they protect your data and comply with applicable law. We may also audit these service providers to make sure that they meet our standards.
7. International data transfers
In order to provide our Services, Data we collect may be transferred to, stored and processed in any country or territory where one or more of our service providers are based or have facilities.
Whenever we transfer your personal data out of the European Economic Area (EEA), we ensure similar protection and put in place at least one of these safeguards:
- We will only transfer your personal data to countries that have been found to provide an adequate level of protection for personal data.
- We concluded Standard Contractual Clauses with data importers located outside the European Union. These Standard Contractual Clauses are intended to give your personal data the same protection it has in the European Union.
8. How long we keep your personal data
If we no longer need your data, we will delete it or make it anonymous by removing all details that identify you. If we have asked for your permission to process your personal data and we have no other lawful grounds to continue with that processing, and you withdraw your permission, we will delete your personal data.
9. Children’s personal data
We do not aim any of our products or services directly at children under the age of 13 and we do not knowingly collect personal data about children under 13 in providing our services. If we learn that we have collected personal data through the Services from a child under 13 without the consent of the child’s parent or guardian as required by law, we will delete it.
10. Security of your personal data
We have implemented appropriate technical and organisational controls to protect your personal data against unauthorised processing and against accidental loss, damage or destruction, including encryption and anonymisation. We require that all employees and business partners at uphold strict standards of data security.
11. Your privacy and data protection rights and how to contact us
You have a number of rights with regard to the personal data that we hold about you and you can contact us with regard to the following rights in relation to your personal data:
- You have the right to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you
- You have the right to correct the personal data we hold about you
- Where applicable, you may also have a right to receive a machine-readable copy of your personal data
- You also have the right to ask us to delete your personal data or restrict how it is used. There may be exceptions to the right to erasure for specific legal reasons which, if applicable, we will set out for you in response to your request
- Where applicable, you have the right to object to processing of your personal data for certain purposes
- Where you have provided us with consent to use your personal data, you can withdraw this at any time
If you have any questions about how we use your personal data or if you if you would like to exercise any of your rights specified above, please contact us via email: email@example.com.
Requests will be responded to within 30 days.
In case there are reasons to believe that your rights have not been properly protected, you can file a complaint to the French Data Protection Authority (CNIL), that you contact on the following details :
3 Place de Fontenoy - TSA 80715 - 75334 Paris Cedex 7 or via telephone +33 (0)1 53 73 22 22